Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Vegan Holiday Season

This could be challenging! Our families all hold potlucks for Thanksgiving and Christmas, which is definitely the best-case scenario for someone not wishing to eat the typical holiday fare. But now the question is "What can I bring that is filling and nutritious for me, and stands a chance of tempting other family members to try it?" I have a lot of ideas... Chickpea Ratatouille, Quinoa Spring Salad, Italian Bean Spread with Crusty Bread, Chili, Sweet Potato Soup... Squirrely Scones, Orange Poppy-Seed Muffins for "Christmas" breakfast... It's a big decision. It shouldn't be, though, right? Am I so invested in my family members' approval of what I bring because it's a symbol of acceptance that I'm doing something worthy for myself? Must be... hmmm...

So anyway... a little eye candy. Some of my favorite things from this time of year. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love your eye candy! I often say that making something delicious to share can be the absolute best kind of animal rights activism - it shows people who would otherwise think just the opposite that vegan food can be darn tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The Chickpea Ratatouille I made for Thanksgiving was AWESOME. Definitely going in my regular rotation. I'm going to try Sweet Potato Chickpea Casserole for Christmas. It's made with coconut milk. Mmmmmmmm. Why do chickpeas lend themselves so well to holiday meals?

    ReplyDelete