Saturday, January 1, 2011

Raw Foods Cleanse

During the holidays, I feel like I have loaded down my system with junk. I have not been careful to avoid treats with dairy and eggs in them, and the amount of sugar I've consumed is INSANE! I know I'm not the only one, either! So I'm going to attempt a little raw foods cleanse!

I'll copy paste my menu here in a second, but first I want to say, if you'd like to join me, I believe that 3 days of raw is better than none! And 2 weeks is better than 3 days... I'm aiming for a month, but as the mother of young children, my life has enough stress without this causing me anxiety as well, so if it's not a pleasant experience, I'm out! I've created a 2-week menu, and if I'm enjoying it, I'll repeat the 2 weeks again.

RAW FOODS MENU

Day 1
Breakfast: PBW Porridge
Lunch: Sweet Potato Waldorf Salad
Dinner: Zucchini Pasta with Marinated Vegetables

Day 2
Breakfast: Bananas and Blueberries
Lunch: Zucchini Heart Salad
Dinner: leftover Waldorf Salad

Day 3
Breakfast: Nut Porridge
Lunch: Avocado/Pear Wraps
Dinner: Wilder Rice

Day 4
Breakfast: Pears and Raspberries
Lunch: Greek Salad
Dinner: Tagliatini with Pesto

Day 5
Breakfast: Celery Porridge
Lunch: Broccoli and Almonds
Dinner: Tacos

Day 6
Breakfast: Bananas and Mangoes
Lunch: Fennel Salad
Dinner: Gazpacho

Day 7
Breakfast: gRAWnola
Lunch: Broccoli Slaw
Dinner: Friday Burritos and Spanish “Rice”

Day 8
Breakfast: Berry Breakfast
Lunch: leftover Broccoli and Almonds
Dinner: Squash Pasta with Marinara

Day 9
Breakfast: Papaya (or Mangoes) and Lime
Lunch: leftover Broccoli Slaw
Dinner: leftover Gazpacho

Day10
Breakfast: Muesli
Lunch: Kale and Hearty
Dinner: Sushi

Day 11
Breakfast: Apples and Grapes
Lunch: Celery Soup
Dinner: Tabouli

Day 12
Breakfast: Buckwheat Porridge
Lunch: leftover Kale and Hearty
Dinner: Beet Burgers

Day 13
Breakfast: Oranges and Kiwis
Lunch: leftover Celery Soup
Dinner: Stuffed Peppers and Cauliflower Mash

Day 14
Breakfast: Sesame Treat
Lunch: Almond Spinach
Dinner: Broccoli Salad with Raisins

Snacks
Raw nuts
Raw seeds
Dried or fresh fruit
Flax crackers, Kale crackers, or Carrot/celery sticks with Guacamole, Salsa, Cashew
        Cheese, or “Ranch”

Treats
All-Occasion Balls
Pear/Cashew Cream
Nut Pie
Raspberry Pie with Hazelnut Crust and Chocolate Sauce
“Cheese”cake
Banana Fruit Ice Cream
bRAWnies
Fruit Salsa/Soup/Dressing

Tips: drink water only, with fruit slices to flavor, unless you have a juicer!
Keep raw nuts, seeds, and dried fruit in a container in your purse or car, for the munchies!
If you don’t have a food processor, a blender should be fine, though maybe more effort.

If you're joining in, email me at hale dot crys at gmail dot com, and I will email you with the recipes. And let me know if you have any questions!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, and the dishes sound fantastic! I don't know if it's practical for me to dive in 100% since the availability of fresh, organic produce here is nearly non existent and raw nuts and seeds, when available, are ridiculously cost-prohibitive, BUT I am always wanting to try more creative raw food recipes. I definitely would love to try at least some of these ... maybe a raw meal a day? :) Emailing you!

    ReplyDelete